[gmx-users] re: g_rms v. g_rmsdist

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:39:43 CEST 2007

Hi Gleb,

Apparently I wasn't clear enough. g_rmsdist calculates the average
distance for each pair of atoms over time and then calculates, for
each frame, the deviations from the average distance for each pair of
atoms. Per frame, these deviations are summed and the square root is
taken.
You're right regarding g_rms.

Best,

Tsjerk