[gmx-users] query regarding topology file

Jagannath Mondal jmondal at chem.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 9 04:01:11 CEST 2007

Hi,
     I am a gromacs beginner. I am trying to simulate a non natural
peptide. I have prepared a standalone  molecule .itp file for my
molecule  and I have prepared a corresponding topology file
(topol.top) which include the .itp file.

      Now, I used the genconf option to  replicate my molecule of my
interest so that I can get 2 molecules . The genconf program gives
rise to gro file in which all of the atoms has got 0 velocity. Can
anyone suggest  what I should do to
  get a  random velocity for each of the atoms in my initial  gro
file or is it  ok even if all the atoms has got 0 initial velocity
and during simulation it gains a random velocity ?

  Yours sincerely
  Jagannath Mondal