[gmx-users] --enable-threads fails.

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Wed Apr 11 08:29:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

The prefetching hardware is pretty good at hiding latencies, but
obviously you'll get better performance when everything fits in cache.

However, the largest data structures by far are the neighborlists,
and their _total_ size for the simulation is independent of whether
you are using multiple processes or multithreading.

Cheers,

Erik