[gmx-users] Re: Ligand_charges

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:05:59 CEST 2007

Another possibility is to use a force field which has already been
developed for small molecules that makes it easier to parameterize.
One example is the Generalized Amber Force Field for small molecules,
which can be used with the AMBER protein force fields (which, I might
add, have been ported to GROMACS by the Pande group). I use these
together in GROMACS for ligand binding simulations (and free energy
calculations) and have been reasonable successful in some model
systems. You can get some preprints explaining how I do it from my web
site, if you want. http://www.dillgroup.ucsf.edu/~dmobley/

David