[gmx-users] protein constrained, ligand ot constrained

Lars.Schaefer at mpi-bpc.mpg.de Lars.Schaefer at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Sun Apr 15 18:59:46 CEST 2007

hi Luca,
I dont quite understand your point. The benefit of constraints is that
they allow you to use a larger timestep of, say, 2 fs instead of 1 fs or
so. But if you dont constrain your ligand, you have to use a small
timestep anyway, so there is no reason to constrain the protein then.
BTW: according to my experience, the main contribution to the binding
energy is electrostatics, so make sure your pointcharges are OK. No need
to worry  about the bond force constants. You want to constrain them
anyway ;-)
Best,
Lars