[gmx-users] on NVE and pressure

lorix Loris.Moretti at pharm.unige.ch
Mon Apr 16 12:25:15 CEST 2007

Hi Berk and Jelger,

Thanks for your comments...
Yes I equilibrated the system with Berendsen thermostat and barostat for
100ps and 200 ps and then switched them off.
I thought that the coupling could have an influence in the final
trajectory, because of the atom velocities scaling (?).
Why does not make sense to run NVE after NPT?

The two systems (15000 and 40000 atoms) I am simulating at NVE both show
increasing total energy:

The first system had -154442 kJ mol^-1 as average for the 7-207 psec NPT
equilibration and -168837 kJ mol^-1 as average value for 1500-2000 ps of
NVE.

The second system had -445679 kJ mol^-1 as average for the 14-114 psec
NPT equilibration and -465630 kJ mol^-1 as average for the 300-600 ps of
NVE equilibration.

greetings
loris...