[gmx-users] Infinite CNT

Daniel Cheong dcheong at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Apr 24 09:43:54 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to do a simulation of an infinite CNT.  I have generated the
coordinates using tubegen and use x2top to generate the topology.
Initially I kept getting the error that the forcefield was not found for
a carbon bonded to 2 atoms.  After adding to the .n2t file, x2top
successfully generated a topology file.  i replicated the CNT along the
tube axis several times and increased the box dimensions along the other
axes so that they will be larger than the cut-offs.  However when I run
the MD simulation, it keeps giving the error that the 1-4 interactions
distance between certain atoms are larger than the table size and then
gives a segmentation fault.  i tried increasing the table-extension but
still get the segmentation fault.  I have looked through the archives
and have found some posts on infinite CNTs.  But i can't find a solution
to my problem.   If anyone can give any help or advice, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks!

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please
do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.