[gmx-users] more on converting xtc to g87

Daniel Rigden drigden at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 11:04:12 CEST 2007

Dear all

I'm trying to convert an xtc to an Amber (g87) trajectory.  I don't have
the Amber package.  trjconv makes a file which is read by the next
package but I strongly suspect the bounding box information is wrong
which in turn is likely to be to do with Gromacs working in nm, Amber in
A.

Following this post

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-October/024160.html

I've compiled a Gromacs with a slightly modified src/gmxlib/trxio.c
file.  Apparently this should take care of the fact that Gromacs works
in nm and Amber in A but g87 files derived from the same xtc with
original and recompiled Gromacs are identical.  Does this mean that
trxio.c is used for g87->xtc (as the original poster wanted) but not for
xtc->g87, as I'm trying to do.  If so, can anyone suggest a different
simple patch?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

--
Dr Daniel John Rigden                     Tel:(+44) 151 795 4467
School of Biological Sciences             FAX:(+44) 151 795 4406