[gmx-users] Protein in SDS, GROMOS96 ff, MD crash - SDS molecule comes apart, LINCS error

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:06:13 CEST 2007

Hi Venky,

Now I'm not sure whether putting the SDS and the solvent (SOL+Ions)
together is the best idea. The temperature coupling groups have to do
with the different behaviour (speed) in dissipation of heat. If
there's a difference between two parts of your system (which I suspect
there is in the case of SDS and water) and they're coupled to the same
bath, this means that one part may accumulate heat at the cost of the
other. Averaged over the subsystems the temperature will be right, but
for each of the parts it's wrong. Maybe you're better of coupling the
lipids with the peptide.

Cheers,

Tsjerk