[gmx-users] GROMACS vs. AMBER speed comparison?

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 15:38:55 CEST 2007

It is found on Gromacs' website
http://www.gromacs.org/content/view/12/176/

Regards,
Yang Ye

----- Original Message ----
From: SeungPyo Hong <sp1020 at gmail.com>
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:12:47 PM
Subject: [gmx-users] GROMACS vs. AMBER speed comparison?

Hi, gmx-users,

Recently I have try to use AMBER 9 for the simulation of protein with about 300 residues.
Surprisingly, I found that AMBER is far slower than GROMACS; GROMACS is about twice faster.
I can not figure out the reason.
Why is GROMACS faster than AMBER?
Could anybody know the reason?

Or have I made a mistake in AMBER or GROMACS simulation?

If anybody has compared the speed of AMBER and GROMACS, please tell me the result.

Thank you~

'God used beautiful mathematics in creating the world.'
-Paul Dirac
'But he created too many object.'
-Seungpyo Hong

Seungpyo Hong
Master student at PBIL(Protein BioInformatics Lab.) in KAIST, Daejeon Korea
Tel. (82)-18-372-2468
sphong_ at kaist.ac.kr
sp1020 at gmail.com