[gmx-users] Pull code methods?

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Aug 16 10:52:42 CEST 2007

Hi

You have to tell GROMACS in the parameters-file (.ppa) which kind of PMF
you want to calculate (runtype=afm,umbrella). Depending on this choice
it's very likely that the afm_rate is simply ignored for umbrella, no?

The force constant is mimicking the stiffness of the spring. You want to
obey the stiff spring approximation (which still does NOT mean, you
should use a rod ;) ) and therefore shouldn't choose the fc of the
spring to small. I usually use a force constant of 500 kJ/mol*nm^2.
It actually DOES make sense, to choose a fc comparable to the
experiments, you want to compare your sim with, IF you want to compare :)

Hope that helps

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310