[gmx-users] Pull code methods?

bmmothan at ucalgary.ca bmmothan at ucalgary.ca
Fri Aug 17 19:47:09 CEST 2007

Hi Maik,

Thank you for the answer. I still have some questions.

I still didn't get the umberalla sampling method. It seems to me AFM and
umberalla are the same except that in umberalla we dont define a Pull
rate. Looking at the literature, people have been using umberalla method
with discrete simulations. i.e. 21 simulation windows. I kind of get the
idea that you will have to manually set up the the 21 discrete simulations
to get the final separated ligand-protein for the umberalla method?
correct me if I am wrong.

The other question I had is about init-afm position option. it says in the
manual:
afm init1 =
Vector describing the initial position of the spring relative to the
reference group. To start a simulation with zero initial force on the
pulled group, the initial position should be set to the position of the
pulled group relative to the reference group.

This sentence is very unclear to me. how do u calculated the poition of
the pulled group relative to the referene.  Is is by calculating the
Center of mass of the pulled group or by calculating the center of mass of
the the whole system (pulled group + reference)?

Thank you,

Belquis