[gmx-users] Ionic liquid parameters

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:12:01 CEST 2007

Hi people.

Well, this thread is going to become an independet list for ILs.

We have developed a force field for a small set of cations and anions of
ILs, few year ago, based on AMBER. At the moment, we are (slowly) finalizing
publications on the extension of those for new sets of anions, all
compatible with the earlier methodology. Also, we are moving our simulations
from the original code to gromacs, and right now we have some topologies in
test.

In case someone is interested:

de Andrade J, Boes ES, Stassen H, J. Phys. Chem. B 106 (14): 3546-3548 APR
11 2002
de Andrade J, Boes ES, Stassen H, J. Phys. Chem. B 106 (51): 13344-13351 DEC
26 2002
de Andrade J, Boes ES, Stassen H, Abst. Pap. Am Chem. Soc.  226: U618-U618
022-IEC Part 1, SEP 2003
de Andrade J, Boes ES, Stassen H, Ionic Liquids IIIA: Fundamentals,
Progress, Challenges, and Opportunities, Properties and Structure ACS
Symposium Series 901: 118-133 2005

By the way: simulating an IL solvationg an enzime can be quite a challenge:
ILs simulation boxes shall never be too small due to the electrostatics, and
all will dependes on the enzime size so. But it will be amazing interesting
and should be tried. :)

With the best regards,

Jones