[gmx-users] Step size too small

TJ Piggot t.piggot at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 21:46:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

I do not think that what Per suggests is the problem, if you look at the
potential energy after the minimisation this value is huge (and the other
two values are inf!). The problem is most likely with your topology. As you
say the two molecules have been successfully minimised on their own so I
would suggest that your problem is with either how you edit the .top file
or the distance restraint between the molecules. For my protein that has
more than one identical chains pdb2gmx does not recognise them as one if
you provide different chain identifiers in the pdb file, so doing this
should hopefully stop you having to edit the .top file.

Hope this helps

Tom