[gmx-users] Clovertown vs Woodcrest gromacs experiences?

Alan Chen achen at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Aug 24 00:53:33 CEST 2007

If anyone has some gromacs benchmarks numbers they'd be willing to
share from clovertown
quad cores. ..  we're having to decide between buying 3.0 ghz DPDC
woodcrest nodes (which
we already have several of and are quite happy with) vs 2.66 ghz
DP/QC clovertowns for the same price.
I haven't seen any clovertown results in the benchmark page or in
past listserv messages. .

Obviously, we don't  expect the clovertowns to scale perfectly for
single jobs due to the architecture, but I'm very
curious how they do with multiple jobs on the same node - we tend to
run lots of independent trajectories of medium
(~100,000 atom) sized systems in our lab.

If anyone can share their experiences with gromacs on clovertown XEON
systems it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alan Chen

graduate student -  Pappu Lab
Center for Computational Biology