[gmx-users] Measure contour area of bilayer undulation

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Fri Aug 31 22:22:00 CEST 2007

Dear gmx-users,

This is not a question about Gromacs, but I wonder if I can hear
suggestions from here. I would like to measure contour area of bilayer
undulation.  If there is no undulation, area (area per lipid) can be
easily calculated by dividing XY area by number of lipid.  But, in the
lipid bilayer with undulation, how can contour area (ultimately, area
per lipid) be calculated ?  If there are some suggestions about
possibilities in Gromacs or other tools, it'd be really appreciated.
Thanks,

best,
Hwankyu.