[gmx-users] membrane protein

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Mon Dec 17 09:02:19 CET 2007

Eric Jakobsson wrote:
> npt, but permit the box to change dimensions independently in the
> three directions in response to that component of the virial.
Does it really matter whether one uses semiisotropic p-coupling or
independent coupling in x and y? Are there any examples where
semiisotopic p-coupling yields wrong results?

Jochen

> At 11:43 AM 12/16/2007, you wrote:
>> Dear User
>> I am starting a membrane simulation. Is it advisablr to complete all
>> runs in npt or nvt?
>> Pragya Chohan

>> posting!
>
> ---------------------------------
> Eric Jakobsson, Ph.D.
> Professor, Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, and of
> Biochemistry, and of the Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology
> Senior Research Scientist, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
> Professor, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
> 3261 Beckman Institute, mc251
> University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801
> ph. 217-244-2896  Fax 217 244 9757

Jochen Hub
Computational biomolecular dynamics group
Am Fassberg 11
D-37077 Goettingen, Germany
Email: jhub[at]gwdg.de