[gmx-users] membranes & proteins revisited

Magnus Andersson magnus.andersson at chalmers.se
Tue Dec 18 22:38:09 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a trimer membrane protein structure & an artificial Argon grid
membrane (100x100x30Å).

First I wonder whether you should equilibrate the membrane first (it looks
very un-natural, like a perfect grid...) and then physically remove atoms
where I want to have my protein, then run:
 genbox -cp protein.gro -cs membrane.gro

if I just run it as it is, I get:

Checking Protein-Solvent overlap: tested 1512 pairs, removed 9261 atoms.

I feel I'm getting there, but need some advice to come to the point where
I have my trimer in a "relaxed" membrane...

Thanks /

Magnus
--
Magnus Andersson

Chalmers University of Technology
Dept of Chemistry and Biological Engineering
Email: magnus.andersson at chalmers.se
Homepage:  http://www.csb.gu.se/neutze/
Phone: +46 (0)31-786 3917
Fax: +46 (0)31-786 3910