[gmx-users] Re: 3D-density

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:18:09 CET 2007

Hi Roman,

> But again here I don't know the 3d distribution of anions around
> cations. The reason is to know how much
> anions located around selected ring atoms, chain atoms etc. Maybe g_sdf
> can partially solve the problem.
> Is it possible then plot 3d picture of anions probability around cation?

I think g_sdf would be the most suitable tool to do this. I assume
that you have multiple copies of the cations as well as of the anions.
In that case, using g_density may be quite tedious, unless it's okay
to focus on only one cation and determine distributions around that.
As far as I remember, g_sdf calculates the densities of a selection of
Y molecules around each of a number of X molecules, in your case
meaning that the spatial distribution of anions is determined using
all cations.

Maybe if I have time somewhere I will combine the functionality. But not now.

Cheers,

Tsjerk