[gmx-users] Relative Constraints on atoms

Srinivas Ramachandran tr.srinivas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:11:45 CET 2007

Dear all,

I know that we can place harmonic constraints on selective atoms,
specified by an index file. But this only ensures that the atom
position remains same throughout the simulation.

But if I only want two atoms' positions to remain same only relative
to one another but the atoms can move otherwise, is there any way to
do this? I want to know this because I want a fragment of the protein
to remain alpha helical throughout the simulation, but I dont want it
to conserve its original co-ordinates.

Regards
Srinivas Ramachandran