[gmx-users] Relative Constraints on atoms

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 4 00:52:32 CET 2007

Robert Johnson wrote:
> You can apply a harmonic bond between the two atoms.

More precisely, you should apply harmonic distance restraints. While an
harmonic bond is possible, you want an interaction that does not affect
the construction of non-bonded exclusion lists. It should be
straightforward to conserve an alpha helix with some
thoughtfully-selected pseudo-hydrogen-bonds.

Srinivas refers to position restraints, but there are all manner of
other restraints that you can read about in the manual.

Mark