[gmx-users] fixing protein during energy minimization

Vaibhav Saraf saraf.vaib at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 05:56:40 CET 2007

My system consists of the protein, water of crystallisation and
additional water molecules. And before doing the position restraint
MD, I wish to perform energy minimization once with the protein and
its water of crystallisation fixed and only the additional water
molecules free. Later would do it un-restrained.
So need guidance on whether I can fix the protein (along with its
water of crystallisation) during energy minimization.