[gmx-users] Gromacs 96 and POPE

Steffen Wolf swolf at bph.rub.de
Tue Feb 6 09:57:52 CET 2007

Hu Ugur,
actually you don't have to care to run the lipid pdb by Tieleman through
pdb2gmx at all - just copy the respective lines out of lipid.itp into
ffG43a1bon.itp and ffG43a1nb.itp (or the force field you want to use)
and put "#include pope.itp" into your *.top file - et voila, you're
done. Attention: the lipid parameters are optimized to be used with SPC
water! So pay attention when using TIP3...
Greetings
Steffen
> Hi all;
> I am new to Gromacs, trying to create a membrane with POPE lipids. I
> got the pope.itp and lipid.itp (for Gromos87)  files from Tieleman
> group web site, and trying to make POPE recognized by pdb2gmx. So far
> I could not get it done..
>
> - Can it be because lipid.itp is not for Gromos96? does anyone have
> lipid.itp for Gromos96?
> - Which force field would be a better choice for TIP3 and POPE
> application?
>
> I'd appreciate any help..
> cheers

Dipl.-Chem. Steffen Wolf