[gmx-users] Constant normal pressure simulation

toma0052 toma0052 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 15 20:50:42 CET 2007

Hello,
     I am looking to do a membrane simulation where I have a constant
pressure normal to the membrane, and a fixed area of the membrane.  Being
semi-unfamiliar with pressure coupling schemes, how would I do this in
Gromacs?  It seems that even if I use the semiisotropic pressure coupling
scheme, the simulation box will rescale to maintain whatever pressure I name
for the x and y directions.  I want the x and y box dimensions to stay fixed
with only the z box dimension allowed to fluctuate, as done by
Sankararamakrishnan and Weinstein, 2004.

Thank you,
Mike