[gmx-users] MD of crystal

Nicolas Bock nbock at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 15 23:54:38 CET 2007

Hello list,

I need your help. I started playing around and began to set up my
crystal. I am having some issues though. I don't know whether that's
because something is wrong with my installation or with my inputs. Here
is what I did: I generated an xyz file with a 2 atom Na atom
configuration. I put the Na in a bcc structure:

2
bcc Na
Na 0 0 0
Na 0.2145 0.2145 0.2145

Then I ran babel on it and created a gromos96 file:

#GENERATED BY OPEN BABEL 2.0.2
TITLE
bcc Na
END
POSITION
    0   LIG   NA       1         0.00000         0.00000         0.00000
    0   LIG   NA       2         0.21450         0.21450         0.21450
END

Then I figured I use genconf to multiply this cell and put together a
larger supercell with this bcc structure. I ran

genconf -nbox 5 5 5

but I got this error message:

Program genconf, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: smalloc.c, line: 113

Fatal error:
calloc for atoms->atomname (nelem=-1753458140, elsize=4, file
typedefs.c, line 237)

I have no idea what's going on here. Could someone give me a hand?

Thanks, nick