[gmx-users] MANPATH setting in GMXRC.bash

Ignacio Fernández Galván jellby at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 09:31:23 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm using Gromacs 3.3.1 in Mandriva 2007, and I'm having an issue with
the definitions in GMXRC.bash. The problem is that, with the default
settings, I lose the standard directories searched by "man", i.e.,
typing "man bash" says "command not found". Without sourcing
GMXRC.bash, it works, and so it does if I add an empty string to
MANPATH (prefixing a colon, for instance).

I realise adding empty strings is a security problem in PATH (since
that means "current directory"), but it might be desirable in MANPATH
(I don't know about LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Ignacio