[gmx-users] MANPATH setting in GMXRC.bash

Ansgar Esztermann aeszter at gwdg.de
Wed Jan 17 10:04:58 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:31:23AM +0000, Ignacio Fernández Galván wrote:

> I'm using Gromacs 3.3.1 in Mandriva 2007, and I'm having an issue with
> the definitions in GMXRC.bash. The problem is that, with the default
> settings, I lose the standard directories searched by "man", i.e.,
> typing "man bash" says "command not found". Without sourcing

That does not seem to be a MANPATH problem but rather a PATH problem:
searching for an unknown man page yields "No manual entry" rather than
"Command not found" -- the latter happens if the command "man" itself
is not found.

> GMXRC.bash, it works, and so it does if I add an empty string to
> MANPATH (prefixing a colon, for instance).

Did you compile Gromacs for yourself, or is it included with Mandriva?
If you compiled it for yourself, where did you install, i.e. what
--prefix did you give to configure?

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann