[gmx-users] g_wham and PMF problem

Sudha Mani Karra karra.md at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:46:06 CEST 2007

Hi..
   I listed all the zipped files separately as you said.

 g_wham  -bins 1000 pull1.pdo.gz pull2.pdo.gz pull3.pdo.gz pull4.pdo.gz
pull5.pdo.gz -temp 298 -o pmf.xvg

I still have the same problem.
   :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

               GRoups of Organic Molecules in ACtion for Science

                            :-)  VERSION 3.3.1  (-:

      Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
       Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
             Copyright (c) 2001-2006, The GROMACS development team,
            check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                                :-)  g_wham  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
  -o        pmf.xvg  Output       xvgr/xmgr file
-hist     histo.xvg  Output       xvgr/xmgr file

      Option   Type  Value  Description
      -[no]h   bool     no  Print help info and quit
       -nice    int      0  Set the nicelevel
      -[no]w   bool     no  View output xvg, xpm, eps and pdb files
   -[no]xvgr   bool    yes  Add specific codes (legends etc.) in the output
                            xvg files for the xmgrace program
        -min   real      0  Minimum coordinate in profile
        -max   real      0  Maximum coordinate in profile
       -bins    int   1000  Number of bins in profile
   -[no]prof   bool    yes  Only calculate min and max
       -temp   real    298  Temperature
   -[no]flip   bool     no  Combine halves of profile
        -tol   real   0.01  Tolerance

Opening file pull1.pdo.gz.
Program g_wham, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: gmx_wham.c, line: 90

Fatal error:
This does not appear to be a valid pdo file
That is the error which I get....
Thank You for your input..
Also if it is not bothering you can you please send me the modified version
of g_wham by David Bostick else I shall check it once again as I couldn't
find it earlier.
Thanks,
SK