[gmx-users] colour

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 5 09:11:29 CEST 2007

abhishek sharma wrote:
> dear all.
> i am doing simulation of different  copper particles and want to study
> the grain boundaries.how i can give different colours to  atoms of
> different particles??

You need to be careful giving colours to particles, because the red ones
will go faster than the blue ones and this affects the simulation :-P

Jokes aside, the colour you use to visualize different copper atoms when
looking at a structure or trajectory depends on your visualization
software and you should look at its documentation for help, not here.
We're busy people and don't appreciate our time being requested for
something that's probably in the tutorial material for some piece of
software that you haven't even given us the name of... I recommend VMD
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/