[gmx-users] gromacs on IBM Power 5 Linux Machine: Preprocessor problem

Monika Sharma mon_sharma at research.iiit.ac.in
Thu Jun 14 11:53:56 CEST 2007

Dear All,
We have this IBM POWER5 machine with Linux SLES. The FFTW and GROMACS
are compiling without any errors (compiler is gcc), but when we are
trying to run a job on the machine, its exiting saying "illegal
instruction". Looking at the things, it seemed that the cpp it generated
is just a dummy, and cannot execute. I even tried using as
make CFLAGS='-mcpu=power5  -mtune=power5' for fftw and gromacs also, but
it doesnt seems to work.
If anyone can please help me out to osrt this problem..
Thanks in advance
Monika