[gmx-users] Basic Query

priyanka srivastava priyankaps4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 16:15:46 CEST 2007

Hie,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes I have used semi-isotropic coupling.

Another doubt is why only a value of 4.5e-5?

I have used PME and have mentioned rcoulomb in the
.mdp file too, which as is pointed out by you, has no
meaning!! But does this mean that my mdp file is
wrong? Because if PME does not use rcoulomb it shud
simply ignore the value.
Actually I do not want to use twin range cutoff. So, I
have given rvdw = rlist. Is this alright?
Portion of my mdp file looks like this:

; Electrostatics
coulombtype             =  PME
fourier_nx              =  6.4
fourier_ny              =  5.0
fourier_nz              =  8.1
pme_order               =  4
rcoulomb                =  1.5
rvdw                    =  1.5

Also since I have not specified "vdwtype" in the mdp
file, so it automatically takes Cut-off.

regards,
Pri...