[gmx-users] grompp or parameter file problem?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 20 17:07:26 CEST 2007

Anna Reymer wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to simulate DNA dodecamer in TIP3P water with Amber 99 port.
> I was ablle to produce dna+solvent.top (attached file) and dna+solvent.gro.
> When running grompp:
>
> grompp -f em.mdp -c dna+solvent.gro -p dna+solvent.top -o out.tpr
>
> with the following em.mdp:
> -------------------------------------
> ;       DNA energy minimization in water
> ;
> cpp             = /lib/cpp -traditional
> define          =
> include         = -I/***/share/gromacs/top/ffamber99.itp

This is not the right approach, but might not be the cause of the
problem. Your .top should #include this file itself (see
http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/include_file_mechanism). This -I flag
provides an alternate path search in looking for this file. The three
asterixes are weird... use the correct path, and make it a path, not a file.