[gmx-users] Frozen atoms and energy group exclusion

toma0052 toma0052 at umn.edu
Tue Mar 6 03:45:54 CET 2007

Hello,
     Thanks for the fast response.  I went through my dppc.itp file and chose
atoms such that the group of frozen atoms has a net charge of 0 as does the
rest of the molecule.  When running this through grompp, the error before
about the atoms being in different charge groups is gone.  However, the
warning (WARNING 1 [file "dppc.top", line 19]: Can not exclude the lattice
Coulomb energy between energy groups) is still present.  What exactly does
this warning mean?  Will this have a large affect on my simulation output?

Mike Tomasini