[gmx-users] problem regarding "mdrun" and "g_hbond"

sangeeta kundu sangeeta0983 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 15 14:12:33 CET 2007

Dear All,

Thanks a lot to Mark,Tsjerk and Erik your promt reply.
It is a globular protein containing approximately 70
residues having crysal structure, without any
ligand,the simulation continued  for 1.5 ns, & then
gave the segmentation fault, My .mdp file is given
below, I used SPC216 water and steepest descent for
minimisation, the emtol was 1000,it converged to that
within 800 steps.I used position restrained dynamics
for 50ps.The protein  had -ve charge, so I added NA+
as counter ion.I used the same parameter
for carrying out the simualtion of the same protein at
3/4 other tempeartures,the runs were completed without
giving any error.Waiting for your promt help.

title               =  Yo
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
constraints         =  all-bonds
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002    ; ps !
nsteps              =  5000000  ; total 10 ns
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  250
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  100
nstenergy           =  100
nstlist             =  10
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.0
rcoulomb            =  1.0
rvdw                =  1.0
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups
Tcoupl              =  berendsen
tc-grps             =  Protein  SOL   NA+
tau_t               =  0.1      0.1   0.1
ref_t               =  523      523   523
; Energy monitoring
energygrps          =  Protein  SOL
; Isotropic pressure coupling is now on
Pcoupl              =  berendsen