[gmx-users] problem regarding "mdrun" and "g_hbond"

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:22:12 CET 2007

Hi Sangeeta,

I think the problem is a lone sodium ion which is shaken vigorously
round by its private heat bath, at some point getting too intimate
with one of the water molecules around.

Never, never, NEVER give a handful of atoms, or a single atom, it's
own heat bath! Put the sodium in with the solvent. Search the archives
for tc-grps, temperature coupling, and such (and possibly my name), to
get a fuller account. Besides that, you may be better off adding some
additional sodium chloride... One sodium may balance the net charge,
but it will not balance a charged protein.

Cheers,

Tsjerk