[gmx-users] fail to start ngmx!

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:09:04 CET 2007

Hi Tengfei Luo,

It seems that you're trying to run ngmx over the network. You have to
have an active X windows connection for ngmx. Over the network you
could use ssh -X to go to another machine and keep your X connection
(and be able to run ngmx and such). Another possibility is ofcourse to
try to run the program locally.

This is not really a gromacs specific problem, but more reflects that
you're not (yet) used to using *nix operating sysems. It's a good idea
to start with that.

Good luck,

Tsjerk

--