[gmx-users] Energies rising

Sampo Karkola sampo.karkola at helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 27 07:52:44 CEST 2007

Hi, Bharat and thanks for the answer.

now I'm running an md simulation with the ternary complex (protein,
cofactor, ligand) where the potential energy has risen and stabilised to
a certain level, at least for the first 300 ps. I understand that the
potential energy can rise and I'll be happy if the md finishes nicely.
However, I'm confused with the difference between my earlier
simulations, in which every time the potential energy decreased in the
beginning of the simulation and stabilised. I managed to perform an md
for the cofactor NADP (NDPP topology) where the potential energy
decreased using a different mdp file than earlier, so I think the
problem is in the input, as suggested by David van der Spoel.

I'll try to dig in to the parametrisation of the mdrun.

Regards,

Sampo