[gmx-users] HG at active site of alcohol dehydrogenase

Mahnam mahnam at ibb.ut.ac.ir
Tue May 1 12:05:37 CEST 2007

In God We Trust
Hello Dear GMX users
I want to do MD simulation on alcohol dehydrogenase.When I make topology
file for this protein , gromacs uses cysH for cys that is connected to Zn in
 active site. How can I make topology file without HG.
pdb2gmx doesn't have option for CYS without HG and also I can't use -ss
option.
I addition I changed HG to DUM and put 0 for its mass, but grompp don't
accept mass of 0 for this DUM atom.

Many thanks in advance for your help and your reply.
Yours truly
Karim Mahnam
Institute of  Biochemistry  and  Biophysics (IBB)
Tehran University
P.O.box 13145-1384
Tehran
Iran