[gmx-users] energy of each residue??

Pradeep Kota kotanmd at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:14:33 CEST 2007

Thanks for the response Tsjerk ! I'm sorry that i haven't included any
information in my prev post.
here's my mdp file.

;
;       User spoel (236)
;       Wed Nov  3 17:12:44 1993
;       Input file
;
title               =  Yo
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
constraints         =  all-bonds
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002    ; ps !
nsteps              =  5000     ; total 10 ps.
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  250
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  100
nstenergy           =  100
nstlist             =  10
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.0
rcoulomb            =  1.0
rvdw                =  1.0
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups
Tcoupl              =  berendsen
tc-grps             =  Protein  SOL     Cl
tau_t               =  0.1      0.1     0.1
ref_t               =  300      300     300
; Energy monitoring
energygrps          =  Protein  SOL     Cl      Protein_MET_1
energygrps_excl     =  Protein Protein SOL SOL
; Isotropic pressure coupling is now on
Pcoupl              =  berendsen
Pcoupltype          = isotropic
tau_p               =  0.5
compressibility     =  4.5e-5
ref_p               =  1.0
; Generate velocites is off at 300 K.
gen_vel             =  no
gen_temp            =  300.0
gen_seed            =  173529

i had added the groups to the energy monitoring section of the mdp file. and
the error generated was

Program grompp, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: readir.c, line: 819

Fatal error:
Atom 1 in multiple Energy Mon. groups (1 and 4)

Thanks for your help !
regards,
Kota.