[gmx-users] Can I add extra LJ and electrostatic interactions for 1-2 or 1-3 interactions.

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 16:58:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

Normally force field will have exclusion of 1-3 interaction (I doubt the
intention of inclusion of 1-2 interaction will lead to destroy of
structure). I suggest you first try with excl (in molecule definition)
set to 3 and add entries under pair and see whether they are effective.
If this works, you will proceed add second set of parameters for pair
interaction.

If above does work, you will need to set excl to a lower number, turn
off generate pairs (in ffxxxx.itp) and list explicitly every pair that
you would like to include, both the normal 1-4 interactions and adjusted
1-2 and 1-3 interactions.

Ref to Manaul Table 5.3 and 5.4.

Regards,
Yang Ye