[gmx-users] Compressibility issue - real concern

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:36:25 CEST 2007

Hi Erik.

I was thinking something about it exactly now. I mean, Berk quoted that the
scalling goes with beta/tau in Berendsen, and with beta/tay^2 in Parrinello.
I mean, in a similar implementation, how should it go for a nosè
implementation?

Also, what would be a good value for tau_p so? I was looking in, for
exemple, the "spider tutorial", and there they use a tau_p value of .5, not
so different from my value of .4 (and not .1).

Finally: it also mean that if I choose a beta and tau_p pair which yelds a
too low value, it won't really affect the equilibrium density of the system,
correct?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sincerally yours,

Jones