[gmx-users] Problems using grompp and amber force field

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue May 8 09:40:49 CEST 2007

Yes, the 3.3.1 amber-FFs should be used, because the implementation of
the QM/MM parts changed the format in some FF-parameters files.

I would suggest, not to use the OPLS-DNA parameter set, because it isn't
published, yet (as I know) and also uses RESP-charges, which may also be
problematic with OPLS. Using the amber-port is, in my opinion, the best
way to handle DNA/RNA (in GROMACS).

I fear, I can't really help you with your error, but did you try the
amber99 FF? I use that and never ran into such errors. Did you had a
look, if your total charge is more or less an integer? If not, one
proton in your first base may be the wrong type...but this shouldn't
result into your error.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310