[gmx-users] area for DOPC bilayer

Lu Lanyuan lulanyuan at msn.com
Fri May 11 22:40:48 CEST 2007

Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone did a DOPC bilayer simulation based on
Tieleman's parameters. I got an area per headgroup much smaller than the
experimental value (around 67 anstrom^2). I'm not sure whether it's due the
force field or some mistakes when making the *.itp file. The itp file I
used is just a modification based on the POPC itp file on Tielman's
website. From literature I also found DOPC forcefiled from Chiu and Scott,
and from the CHARMM. Can anyone give a comment for the different force
fields?
Btw, anyone know the experimental A for full hydrated POPC bilayer?
Thanks a lot.
Lanyuan Lu