[gmx-users] Cannot find fftw3f

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat May 12 04:22:41 CEST 2007

Omovie, Sheyore John wrote:
> Hi,
> Even after following the instructions in the HowTo Cygwin and gromacs, I
> still come up
> with the configure error:Cannot find fftw3f.

The most likely thing is that you haven't actually followed the
instructions precisely...
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-April/021147.html In
particular you need "--enable-float" with configure for fftw.

> I ahve also tried specifying the header file directory, it still doesn't
> work.

No, that wouldn't help.

> I would appreciate any advice on overcoming this problem.

In the absence of more information from you, all I can suggest is trying
again :-) In extremis, re-installing cygwin has helped another user.