[gmx-users] Polarizability

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Sun May 20 19:49:09 CEST 2007

Hi David.

I had no idea that gromos was using it. Also, just had a few clues that
maybe charmm was. All amber clues however points towards a different model.

I have a few concerns about "directioning" (really sure that this is the
wrong word, if exists) that a shell model polarizability would make.
Absolutely no doubts that it would be probably faster than any iterative
model include dipoles, but I have this concern.

I'll be looking forward for the charmm papers on it (I've found the
references late this week) and try to compare its reproducibility and
parametrization methodologies somehow.

About implementing it: its a good idea, but a long term one. Basically it
means that nobody in the developer's list seems to be working on it righ
now, right?  ;)

Thanks a lot for all answers, David.  :)

Sincerally yours,

Jones