[gmx-users] readxtc can not get coordinates without jump?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:49:03 CEST 2007

Hi Zhongqiao Hu,

Actually, the first procedure will give the wrong results. With option
-b the frames up to that point will be skipped. So the first frame
read, at t(b), will have the jumps removed against the reference
structure given. But in 10 ns, a lot may have happened, making the
reference structure used a very bad reference to remove jumps against.
In stead, with the second procedure, each frame will have the jumps
removed against the previous structure, such that the frame at t(b)
will be reset against t(b-1), which is much more likely to be a proper
reference for that point.

I hope this is a bit clear :S Try to think of what -pbc nojump will do
if there's half a box shift between the reference structure and a
frame.

Best,

Tsjerk

--