[gmx-users] g_dist problems

Edvin Erdtman edvin.erdtman at nat.oru.se
Wed May 23 11:24:43 CEST 2007

Edvin Erdtman wrote:
>> Which compiler did you use?
>>
> This maybe says more:
>
> $ file /usr/bin/g_dist
> /usr/bin/g_dist: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
> (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
> stripped

I copied the file to another machine. And there g_dist ran with no problem!
- the above command on that machine gives instead (the rest is equal):

... for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not
stripped

It is the same version 3.3.1 but with double precision, and (as I guess)
compiled for mpi usage.
Can it be something that went wrong in the compilation?

Edvin