[gmx-users] do_dssp: main chain

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Wed May 23 17:30:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

perhaps your .trr has some errors. Have you tried converting it or gmxcheck?

Other solution could be: Transfer your protein residues to an multiple pdb
file and try do_dssp again. Perhaps your top or ndx doesn't fit.

On Wednesday, 23. May 2007 17:07, Volker Knecht wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> >Message: 4
> >Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:16:59 -0400
> >From: Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
> >Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Re: Re: do_dssp for many peptides
> >To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> >I saw a similar description in the archives a long time ago when I was
> > looking for help on do_dssp and experiencing similar problems (with a
> > simpler system, granted).  Which group are you selecting for running
> > do_dssp?  These errors seem to come up if you select any group other than
> > 'MainChain' (choice 5, I believe).  If do_dssp is finding an incorrect
> > number of "residues," perhaps you have selected 'Protein' instead of
> > 'MainChain' for your analysis?
>
> Thanks for your reply, Justin. Indeed I had chosen 'Protein' so far. But
> it is not evident that this caused the problem, since it worked well in
> some cases. Indeed, choosing 'MainChain' (indeed index group 5) does not
> help, but results in the same behavior.
>
> Volker

Greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26581
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de