[gmx-users] Total energy with different energy groups

Daniel Cheong dcheong at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Mon May 28 09:34:21 CEST 2007

well...  the bonded energies are the same, but the 1-4 and nonbonded
interactions are different, especially the coulomb-sr energy.  I am
using a direct summation method with no cutoffs to calculate the
electrostatic energy.  But the method is consistent between the runs.
So that shouldn't matter should it?

Mark Abraham wrote:
> Daniel Cheong wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply.  I thought so too, but i have checked it
>> several times.  The only thing i changed was the "energygrps  ="
>> line in my .mdp file.  Then the inclusion and exclusion of energy
>> monitor groups or just specifying different energy groups will result
>> in a different total energy.  And the larger the energy group, the
>> greater the difference when compared to the energy calculated with no
>> energy monitor groups.   i use the exact same initial configuration,
>> topology, index files.
>
> If you use gmxdump to compare your two energy files, what do you get?
>
> Mark
> posting!

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please
do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.