[gmx-users] QMMM free energy

Robert fiske rfiske_ at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 19:21:42 CEST 2007

Actually, before submitting my question I checked google and it appears that
CPMD does allow partial charges, although I'm not sure if it's intended to
be used the way we want, so I'll ask that instead, but the answer to a CPMD
thread on partial charges is here:

http://www.cpmd.org/pipermail/cpmd-list/2006-March/003132.html

It's stated that there can be problems with optimization, but with Gromacs,
CPMD is only used for single point calculations I believe, so I'm not sure
of the implications partial charges have with that.

If CPMD does allow valid partial charges for the case we're interested in,
would it be better to discuss the matter directly with Gerrit, instead of on
the list?

fiske